Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Calls to On-Call Technician UX5000 / SV8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiacomo

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2004
US
Hello!

I've got a customer who'd like to transfer inbound calls after hours to on-call technicians (from the Automated Attendant). I'd initially thought we could do this using Mobile Extensions and some queuing (if first tech doesn't answer, ring the next; if both are busy, queue), but I can't seem to figure it out.

I also thought about ringing one extension, FWD RNA to the next, then route to call-routing mailbox with pacifier "please hold or leave a message" prompt and then ring the first phone again... Maybe I'm dense, but can't seem to get that going either.

I'm hoping someone has a clue or a hint!

Way back in the day, some folks had little call sequencers that queued and connected callers with techs -- I think one of them was called "Dr. Watson", but I can't remember. Failing a more elegant solution (like those mentioned above), does anyone know of some appliance that can queue and connect callers?

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back