Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer calls from digital phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mswiggins

Technical User
Oct 11, 2006
US
I have taken over our Nortel PBX from a retired engineer and I am still trying to learn the system

We set up a digital phone to answer calls for a manager with an analog set. The owner of the digital phone can then forward the calls to the manager.

The lady with the digital can answer the managers calls, but she and the manager can pick up and listen. If the manager picks up, she can not forward, because the call is on both lines.

It seems obvious that something is wrong in the set up of one or both phones.

Where do I begin?

Thanks

Marty

There's nothing wrong, its working as design.

What exactly is it that you want to happen?

We would like it such that if the digital phone picks up the call, then the analog phone can not pick up the call.

If the analog phone picks up the call, then the digital phone can not pick up the call.

As is works now, if the analog set is talking, the digital can pick up and listen to the phone conversation.

Maybe I am missing something.

make the analog a digital. that's your only soln.

as long as you have a analog mixed in with the digital with the same dn, you're going to have a party line.

janeenaj told you the answer. you can't have privacy with an Analog and a Digital with the same Ext Number.

1. Change the DN of the digital set to a currently unused number.
2. Change the DN of the analog set to a different currently unused number.
3. Change the DN of the digital set to the original number but as an MCR or MCN.
4. Change the CLS of the 500 set to MCRA and set the DN back to the original number.

Voila - privacy with an analog and digital phone with the same extension number

I am still new to this and not familiar with MCR and MCN.

How do I accomplish this change?

Thanks

MCR = Multiple call ringing
MCN = Multiple call non-ringing

These allow an extension to be placed on multiple phones, yet will still ring if one of the lines is occupied.

For info on how to interface with a Nortel PBX, go to the FAQ's and check out the input/output crash course section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back