Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Call to Voicemail via Internal Speed Dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

blcabling

Technical User
May 20, 2007
US
Right now when I press Feature 986 + internal speed dial, the caller is put on hold. If I press Feature 986 + mailbox number, it works fine. Now, is it suppose to work with the internal speed dial as well? I do recall one customer that was able to do so. Any help will be appreciated!

Never heard of that working. It has never worked on the Nortel no matter what vocie mail you use (NAM, Flash, CP etc.) Feature 986 connects to the call pilot. when you push in a speed dial you are back in the phone systsem. I do not believe this will ever work. I have alwasy been told it will not work and I have installed over 500 of these systems. Good Luck.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

The Vmail HAS to see DTMF tone, it does not understand the protocol that internal autodial sends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back