Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer call to outside source

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbtransport

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2008
US
I need to be able to answer a call and have the person that answers the call to transfer it to a cell phone.
I'm sure there is a way to do it I just have not figured it out yet.
Thanks in advanced.
Bryson

You can only transfer a call that was made from the phone

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

You press transfer, the dest. code (probably 9), the cell #, and hang up.

Adversity is Opportunity

Deweyhumbolt, could you give me a bit more insight on how to get this set up. When answer the call and click tranfer and hit 9 it says "Invalid Number

how do you dial out? do you press 9?

A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for.

What happens if you answer the call, press transfer, which means you have internal dial tone, you need external dial tone. So there has to be a line pool code or dest. code, to access your external line pool. When you have it, dial cell #, and hang up. Two lines on your telephone system are being used for the length of the call.

Adversity is Opportunity

To transfer a call out is simple if you have link service from your telco provider. simply answer the call, press "feature 71" on your nortar set. you will get a frsh outside dialtone. Dial the new cell number. As it is ringing, press "feature 71" again. You will now have a 3 way call. if you hang up the other 2 parties will remain connected through the telco CO. yYour line will be liberateed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back