Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transfer call to forwarded extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffnortel

Vendor
Sep 17, 2008
US
I'm attempting to help a customer transfer calls to an external number without having to dial the entire number but keep running into issues. I've searched similar posts but can't find a solution.

IPO R9.1
PRI trunk
Inhibit off-switch forward\transfer is unchecked.

call scenario:
Call answered by receptionist
transfer caller to extension that is call forwarded, receive "number busy".
dial same extension directly, no issue reaching external destination.

notes:
We can use a dial button to transfer the call, but the process is somewhat slow.
I tried to use the twinning feature and a "dial" short code but neither of these options worked.

Any suggestions or help is appreciated!

Is send originating CLID enabled? Sounds like its sending to calling parties CLID and getting rejected.

Well, send original CLID was on but I turned it off and it didn't make a difference. I turned it off on the PRI line and System => Twinning tab...

Then your best bet from there is watch the call in monitor and see why/where it is failing.

The other question would be have you tried to transfer the call off site from an internal extension??

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Check if the user that transfers has "inhibit off-switch transfer" enabled

The system has it not like you mentioned but the same checkmark is on the user settings

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back