Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Button doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

itachi

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2004
US
Hi again,

I appreciated the fast response I got last time, I ran into another small problem, on our M2008's we have a Transfer button however it doesn't work when we hit it. I was wondering if anyone knows how to program it on our 2008's so we can have the Transfer capability.

Thanks!

if you print the tn, the key should have trn set against it

Thanks for responding quickly, can you give me an example of how I would do this? Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Appreciate it.

in LD11

REQ = PRT
TYPE = TNB ( if you haven't got the TN do REQ = PRT, TYPE = DNB, DN = extn #, the do TNB)

you will see the keys something like

KEY0 SCR xxxx
KEY1 SCR xxxx
KEY1 TRN

note, apart from key 0, the rest of the keys are flexible

key 0 is also flexible with a change, or new phone that is not a copy, only when you copy does the switch demand a dn for key 0..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What's the prime DN then? Just the lowest key with a DN on it?
David.

doesn't really have a prime as much as a marp, i use key 0 as a ring down to sec in public areas, can't even call the station

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 20
REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
DN xxx (one of the dn's on the phone)
>
>

when you get the TN

REQ PRT
TYPE TNB
TN xx xx ( TN you just got doing DNB)

Keys count from the bottom up starting with Key 0, Key 1, Key 2

The system software expects to find a DN on key 0 which is referred to as the prime DN of the set. If the dn is not on key 0, some features such as "hunt group deactivate" etct etc will not work. The system can also have trouble with producing stats on a phone without the dn on key 0. Also, if switch INI's, the TNDN translator memory holds a record of the call in TN format, so when the INI occurs the call will revert to key 0, if I've made a call on key 1 & the switch INI's, the call will switch to key 0. If there is no prime dn on key 0 the call will be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back