Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer Button disappears on 1165 VOIP sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumpane22

Technical User
Jul 29, 2016
US
Hi
I have a number of Avaya 1165 VOIP set users that the soft transfer button disappears and they are not able to transfer the call.
Does anyone know why this happens and is there a solution?
Can it be a firmware issue?
Thanks in advance!

earlier firmware used to show the transfer button all the time, whereas on later firmware only relevant buttons are displayed. For example the transfer button will only show while you have an active call to transfer, is this your confusion?

The issue is that when there is an active call, at times, the soft transfer button is not one of the options. I have seen it with my own eyes and know it happens, and I am trying to duplicate it, but as of yet, I haven't been successful. I'm suspecting that it may have to do with the way the call comes in and the firmware of the set, but it seems to me that this shouldn't happen.

the FW version is 0626C8Q and the HWID is 18-FC8399480A30-6626

You would need to reproduce so you could show us the TN config to give us some sort of starting point.

Only an answered call can be transferred. If one of the parties is a trunk without answer supervision, then you cannot complete the transfer until the end-of-dial timer expires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back