Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer back to the receptionist

Status
Not open for further replies.

szaidi1

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2013
PK
Receptionist answers an inbound call and transfers it to user 709. Customer wants this transferred call to return back to the receptionist once the caller is done talking with user 709.

And yes they don't want 709 to transfer caller back to the receptionist once done talking. More like receptionist dialing some code when transferring a call to 709 that would return the call back to receptionist.

Avaya IPO 9.1 and no VM Pro.

Calls can't be sent somewhere automatically when ended by one party, it would require 709 to transfer or park the calls to the receptionist.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I only have one question, WHY?

I can think of no sensible reason for this except perhaps the customer simply hates the receptionist & wants to overwork them to oblivion

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

These are fun requests that make our heads spin...

Enable OTT for 709, program a user button for the receptionist on 709, relabel the button "Goodbye!", train extn 709 user to always hit the new "Goodbye!" button at end of call, and then hang up. Bada-Bing! It's Magic!

LOL if the user is done and hangs up... the call is done and disconnected.

Like a gf getting mad at you for not knowing what she was thinking about.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

I have no answer but agree with qtelecom, 709 has to do something to indicate that their part in the call is over and that becomes the trigger for transferring back to the operator.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back