Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transfer active ACD call to another split

Status
Not open for further replies.

nontechgal

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2002
US
We have a Lucent Definity G3csi v7, with ACD and BCMS. For reporting purposes, is there any way for an agent who is on an ACD call in split #1 to "transfer" the call to split #2? For example, if a call comes into split #1, but it's actually a call that should be reported for split #2, is there anything the agent can do so the call gets reported as a split #2 call? I'm thinking this is not possible, but I've been asked to check it out.

Thanks!

A call can be transfered to a new split by using the VDN of the new split. You would transfer the call just like you would to an extension but you would us the vdn number of the correct split. This will put the call in the queue for the correct split. As far as reporting goes you will see something like OUT FLOW from the first split, and just a call to the vdn on the correct split Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

If you wanted to track the call to the Nth degree, you could set up a new VDN that feeds into an existing skill, this way when your agents transfer the call to the new skill it is monitored not only in the skill report but also separately in the VDN, this could be useful for say tracking the number of callers that are selecting the wrong option on an automated attendant. On the skill report, calls delivered to the skill from another skill will show up as "Flow In" on your summary report however this will group all calls flown-in and not segment it.

If you need more info, drop me a mail
phil.hall@accidentgroup.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back