Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transaction tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

youwannawhat

Programmer
Oct 3, 2001
US
I'm attempting to install a transaction tracking system, FoxAudit, to an existing application. I've followed all of the instruction for the install, and the program seems to work fine until I log out of my app. Then my application crashes and throws me an 'alias not found' message from some 'SEEK' code that I have updating the Users.dbf with what users are logged in. It seems that when that 'SEEK' code fires, my users.dbf is closed. Would FoxAudit close all of tables? When I explicitly open the Users.dbf at the beginning of that block, I then get a FoxAudit generated error message stating that it couldn't complete its tasks.

I've compiled in VFP7.0. Would that make a difference?

Thanks,

Paul

I'm not familiar with Foxaudit, but are you issuing a CLOSE ALL somewhere in your code?

Dave S.

I suggest that you look at checking to make sure the file is open before performing opreration on table

IF !USED('mytable')
use mytable in 0
endif Attitude is Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back