Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Transaction log backups to multiple destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM2468

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2011
US
Running SQL 2005 Ent SP2. I've got a database that's about 64GB in size. I perform a full backup once per day and transaction log backups every 20 minutes. I need to have the backups dumped to two different locations - preferably within the SQL maintenance plans. If I do it in one maintenance plan, the first backup runs and then the second one runs. In the end, neither has the full transaction logs because one takes over after the previous.

Is there a way to get this to work so that both destinations have the same content without using some external replication process?

Check BOL. The BACKUP command has the option copy_only. SO you could do a normal full backup, then a full backup using copy_only option, then do the same for the logs.

That might be what you are looking for.

-SQLBill

The following is part of my signature block and is only intended to be informational.
Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back