Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

transaction issues in .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgabi

Programmer
Dec 7, 2005
RO
Hi, I have a web application writen in asp and aspx. The project is built in Microsoft Visual C#.

The applcation uses 2 vb components; i will call them A and B.

The second(B) component manages the db acces and uses adodb 2.6 and the first one(A) calls the A component in order to retrieve data from DB. The A component is called from asp pages.

I have registered the 2 components at COM+ and set for A transaction support: required and for B transaction support: "supported".

When i start from an ASP page everything works just fine.
The problem appears in ASPX pages; the DB acces time is way to long(most of the stored procedures take 30-60 seconds to complete) and i can't figure out why is this happening.

If u have any ideas please let me know. I can provide more details if neccessary.

Thanks.

Ok my question is much easier now .
I've just noticed that the slow time appears only if i create the A component in page_load.
If the A component is created outside Page_Load(clicking a button for example) everything works just fine.
Why is this happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back