Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trans scribe Avaya WAV announcements to text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo50

Instructor
Nov 12, 2004
GB
Hi all

I have recently taken charge of a large Avaya estate they have 2000+ announcements spread over multiple vals but no documentation of what the script is that hides behind the announcement I want to create a CMDB

But i am not 100 words per min typist to wanted to ask is anyone aware of any software that can transcribe the WAV files into text does not need to be 100% I know that's not possible is there anything out there that can do this

Regards and Thanks

Depending on your security policy you may be able to upload some of the wav files to a free online .wav to text service. In theory you could also use Webex or Zoom to play the recording during the meeting and the meeting gets transcribed. Fees may be involved.

That would be an easy Breeze application. MS speech reco on Azure does a good job of punctuation text too.

Set my MS outlook client to dictate. Put a microphone under the earpiece of my headset. Worked great as I did some 150 announcements.

For anyone who might want to know sorted the issue of transcribing thanks to Iphone

Go to App store and download Otter

Otter give you a certain amount of minutes per month 600 minutes

All i did spoke the announcement number into Iphone let the message play through avaya one X with sound coming from laptop speaker
you can see the transcribe on the screen on my 180 recordings the txt was 97% accurate very few words missing.

After i completed 20 numbers I exported the otter text to email

Emailed it to works address and cut and pasted into spreadsheet i was preparing

Would highly recommend this app

the otter is spelt 0||.|

Thanks for all your assistances and links it was a bit of a minefield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back