Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tranfser issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efa

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
AU
Hi,
Still having problems with transfering my data.

What i'm really trying to do is copy my database. I don't want to send it to another db or computer or anything at the moment. What i really need is to copy all tables stored procedures, udf's etc. into a folder.

Is this possible?

I know about generating scripts which i have done but i have a problem with this as i can not seem to put them into a new db i have created. I'm using the DTS for this.
What i have done with the scripting is put them into individual files. When i try to transfer say a stored procedure into a db it is put in the tables as opposed to stored procedure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Efa

Hi,
if you want only the structure of the tables and triggers/sp's... first you may use the entreprise manager to generate the scripts for the database. After that you save the script, you must create a empty database, you open the query analyzer load the script use the new database and execute the script. This way you may have a new database with the same structure.
Another way is to use SQLDMO programaticaly but is much more complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back