Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trakker 250/350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2004
US
Hi all,

I have a big problem on my hands. An Engineer was using a Colorado trakker 250 (bought out by HP) to backup cad drawings. I have the tapes and also a parallel external trakker 250.

I am looking for drivers for Win9X or soemthing that I can get the data off these drives. But, I can't find anything that works.

I also have an internal trakker 350 that seems to pick up in Win98, but in the Colorado backup software, it says Motor jammed, or something to that affect.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get this data off these tapes with these drives, or is there other drives that will read these tapes.

The tape is a Verbatim QIC-80 Format DC2120 Mimicartridge. I have about 5 of them I need to get data off of.

Any ideas, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,

Erik

Vogon corporation is a good data recovery place to go toif the data is crucial. As you had mentioned, HP does not support the Colorado drive any longer and it is getting more and more difficult to find anything for it. HP does have a technical forum for COlorado and Travan drives that you can post questions in and HP CE's do check it out. Generally questions are answered fairly qwuickly. HOpe this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back