Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Video DVD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hungster

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2001
CA
anyone know if there is such a thing, a good source of learning cisco ccna, routers, and pix that is on dvd video for self training ?

any recommendation ?

I second the suggestion. I have purchased several of their Cisco DVDs and find them right on target with plenty of information and an explanation of why you perform certain tasks a certain way. Good luck, Tom

Hungster,

Go to and if you register your email you can try lots of sections for free - some are 15-20 min long!

I have used them for A+ Network + Security +, CCNA and CCNP that I am working on now! They are GREAT !!

You can also check Ebay under software for Cisco CBTs, I have gotten some CBTs done by Cisco for training classes on different subjects such as security and PIX firewalls.

Watch out for older stuff and "pirated" copies.

Just some ideas!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Hi CiscoGuy,
does CBT mean the training stuff of CBT-nuggets or is it a general name for video training. because of Learnkey series.
So if i find something in ebay under "cbt ...ccnp...".
does this mean those of nuggets, because i had a very big benefit from them during preparation for the ccna, that i achieved yesterday.

thanks and by.

sorry i mean kwonledgenet series and not learnkey

gramses,
CBT just means Computer Based Training and what you find on Ebay might or might not be CBT Nuggets or LearnKey or some "inhouse" Cisco training CBT or any other training.

It might be older versions also!

Sometimes you can tell from the description because they take it straight from the website of the "Real" CBTs and I saw one guy who had the nerve to link directly to LearnKey and CBT Nuggets website to show "what a deal" they were getting by buying pirated copies from him.

It is up to you whether you support "pirated" copies, I try to only buy those that I know are "real" and I have bought directly from CBT Nuggets several times.

We all gotta do what we gotta do!

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda

i tried to buy the cisco pix firewall with vpn training but description does not say full vpn, just easy vpn on it

i just want to learn how to setup vpn and firewall on pix, have you watch the video for that one ciscoguy ?

Hungster,
I saw that one - they use CCIE Bryant (I think that is his name) to teach this. I have been to Bryants website
- he seems to produce study guides and videos and does training - from the samples they seemed pretty good.

He also has a rack rental for less the $10 a day for routers and 2950 switches. I have never used him - just saw the link in a post at the Cisco forum at
Check out his website - seems to know his stuff!!

As far as the PIX/VPN training I have seen several and bought some - most are some Cisco training still in the Cisco sleeves - not bad - just got to read the descriptions or ask the seller exactly what they cover - most will tell you - if they do not - I don't want to deal with them anyway.

I hope this helps!

E.A. Broda

Hi Guys,

How are LearnKey material compared with CBTNuggets for Cisco certs? Have used mostly Lerankey for Microsoft and have learnt a lot from it but never used with Cisco.

Cheers

Niltinho
BEng,CCNA,MCSA,CNA

Niltinho,

Have only seen an old VHS copy of LearnKey so I would not want to compare - but if you go to CBT Nuggets they have many FREE full length demos from just about every area they do training for.

The ones for Cisco CCNA, CCNP and CCIE are very good. Since you have worked with LearnKey - try the demos and then tell us what you think!

I have heard good things on both - just seems CBT Nuggets are not as expensive as LearnKey.

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda

hi guys,

there are so many out there i found out, hard to judge which one is good till you actually watch it

CBT, VTC, LearnKey has some new one, Train Signal
i do agree that CBT provide one of the better quality, some linux training i saw was old blurry video

Ciscoguy

i think Bryant Advantage guy 's training cd is under Train Signal Lab 19, it's ok, he has a lot of pdf in there to read, which i don't really like to read, rather to watch video while he explains what is what and how to do it

I thought Id throw in my 2 cents. Give a look. I used Learnkey and thought they were very good...but they can't compare to "testouts" cbt's. I used Testout to pass my Security + and scored an 860 of a possible 900. I plan on picking up the CCNA CBT soon along with the Bryant Advantage. I cant comment on CBT nuggets.

I found the CBT Nuggets for CCNA very very good but the CCNP Nuggets are a bit shallow if you ask me and don't give you enough information...

jfk8680,

I always look at the CBTs as a suppliment to the BOOKS that I am reading on any subject. I think reading it from several sources as well as hearing it reinforces the subject.

I also have found if there is something that I did not understand in the Cisco Press book, it might be better explained on the CBT or in a Sybex book and vice versa.

I do not think that you can learn something as complex as CCNP from one source.

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda

Of course, I totally agree. You should never rely on one source for something as complex as CCNP. What I meant was that for the CCNA cert the CBT Nuggets videos really added something usefull for me. While studying for BCMSN the CBT Nuggets really didn't add much usefull for me and were just a bit of a waste of time...

hello all
can any one has a CDs for tainining to but them in linke to download because i have problem to buy it, and i need it cause i will soon do the exam pleassssse help me

if you have problem contact their sale department. Don't come here and expect a freebie. Go buy and learn from it buddy!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back