Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training; not just test prep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

admoore

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2002
US
I have worked in an IT capacity for a number of years for a privately held corporation; but, have neither a bachelor's degree, nor any other certifications. As the head of a very small IT department I have always had to learn on-the-job as the company's needs evolved. Consequently much of my IT expertise is in PHP and MySQL development, rather than network administration.

I am interested in securing a CCNA certification.

I am considering bundles from TrainSignal, Skillsoft, Tech2000 as well as a TrainingCamp boot camp.

Since my goal is retention and learning over simply "passing" I am leaning away from the BootCamp option.

The bundle from Tech2000 for $1,095 includes an online mentor, lab simulator and exam simulator. Anyone have any experience with this program, or willing to share their opinion?

TIA,

-Allen M.

I've never used Tech2000 but the best training is having the real hardware at your fingertips.

Here is a Link to a thread where a few guru's talk about what you will need to get a CCNA the right way.

Stubnski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back