Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeydidit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2003
US
I know we have been through this before, but I cant seem to find it here by doing a search. I am trying to put together some training sheets together for some new employees. I know Richard posted some pinouts for RJ-45 jacks and plugs. That is the sort of thing that I am looking for. I hope this ends up to be something that a lot us of can use in the future.

As always thanks everyone for your time and replies.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

I could also use a newer conduit fill ratio chart if someone has one available. Thanks.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

On that conduit fill chart, Krone has a nice little Shockwave Flash file for a fill chart. Granted, it's to get you to buy their AirES cable (it does make a fairly good argument).

(note for you other Mozilla users, this is an IE only site).

Justin T. Clausen
Physical Layer Implementation
California State University, Monterey Bay

Just an update for all of you. The reason I started this thread was to find material to train several new employees. This is how I plan on doing their training. I made a 2’x2’x6’ wall out of fire rated 5/8” sheetrock and metal studs. I will let them cut in fire sleeves on this, and show them proper fire stopping procedures. We have someone here that used to be with the Fire Marshall’s office that we hired as a compliance officer, and he will be helping with this. I have a couple of scrap pieces of sheetrock that we will be using for cutting in caddy’s and roughing in boxes. I also have some scrap Cat5E that I will let my older experienced guy’s teach them how to punch down jacks, and a rack with a patch panel. It would have been easier to put this together if Chiefred had his book done with pictures of someone doing this step by step on their own little wall. b-)

Any other ideas that you have done or would recommend??

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back