Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training Courses for Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

joydale

Technical User
Jun 14, 2001
CA
Hi! I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of good courses offered for trainers in conducting training as well as developing training materials. I have been training for a while, but never received formal training on the position (ironic?). Has anyone taken a course that blew them away with the info covered etc? I know of the Langevin courses, but I have heard they are not that great. Any info anyone can offer would be wonderful. TIA!

Where in the world are you located.
If in Ireland or uk try the JEB they offer all levels of teacher and training courses.

found their Teachers Dip in I.T. a requirement to get into it training in Ireland.

Good luck.

Comboy

There are lots of "Train the Trainer" companies out there. Also check with your local universities and colleges to see if they have any teacher training classes that might be suitable/applicable for you. I found my many years of teaching in a classroom an extremely valuable asset when I changed over to corporate training. I also write my own manuals since that keeps me in control of what I am teaching in my 5-6 hour classes.

I get the Langevin catalogs but dont know of anyone who has taken them.

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

This book is not new (1996) but you might find it an overall usefull read.

"The Complete Computer Trainer"
Paul Clothier
ISBN 0-07-011639-3 McGraw-Hill

If you are in the St. Louis Mo area, then you could take a "Train-The-Trainer" class. I teach then here in St. Louis.

let me know if your interested...

Prof. K

Thanks everyone!

I'm in the Toronto, Ontario area, so I'm afraid that a couple of the options aren't for me, but I appreciate everyone getting back to me!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back