Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Training and Learning Avaya Concepts - Demo Project to set 100 user Contact center 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VR9

Technical User
Apr 16, 2020
IN
Hi everyone,

I am new to Avaya and learning the key concepts of Avaya.

For learning purpose i want to Setup a virtual 100 user Contact enter with Call recording.

For understanding lets discuss about the following areas.

1) What are the types of CM and AESs we need ?
2) Their capabilities and how they should be configured. ( media gateways, media servers etc )
3) CM configuration for this purpose. ( Stations, vectors, VDNs, hunt groups etc )
4) AES configuration for this purpose.
5) recording application configurations.
6) HA capabilities wherever required.

1.any
2.gateway or server, your pick
3.100 users is a bit much, but yes, you'd need all of those things
4.pretty vanilla. If it's not HA, it's fairly straightforward
5.You'd use AWFO or AWFOS. AWFO is whitelabelled Verint. AWFOS is from a company Avaya acquired called Knoahsoft
6.You'd have a ESS and mediagateway/server at a second DC along with AES and recorder

Typically the tasks and skillsets you're approaching would be broken down into "Aura Core" and "CTI" and "Call Center". You'd also want a CMS for stats.

It wouldn't be up to one person to design, install, and support all that. I'm able to do them all with some help and guessing. I do a lot of AES, but I've never installed a recorder, and I don't doubt that I'd be able to install a very simple one if I followed the doc.

The person who knows the recording app inside and out has other skills too. WFO includes things like workforce management modules, scorecards and all sorts of other things on top of "recording" which is why they call that stuff "Workforce Optimization" solutions whether it's from Avaya or anyone else.

CMS/vectors/etc is a whole job on it's own. You can build very complicated call routing methods. I can write some pretty cool vectors, but I don't work in call centers or work on call center vectoring. That, along with the reports, is more about how the operations side of things runs. You'd get that experience working with someone like a business partner and figuring out real customers call center solutions. Can you and I build a vector to press 1 for sales and 2 for support and queue up? Absolutely.

If you're not crystal clear on the HA dual data center basic Aura build with System/Session Manager and SIP trunks, I'd say master that first. If you're more interested in call center, then just build the easiest CM you can and work harder on the call center apps.

Thanks kyle555 for your time and sharing this much useful information. Really appreciate it Sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back