Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Traiing course IBAU18GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

columb

IS-IT--Management
Feb 5, 2004
EU
My boss has been trying to book me on an AIX performance/tuning course for some time. We've finally got some money in the budget and he's identified course ref IBAU18GB.

Looking at this, it looks a little basic for someone like me who's got six years AIX systems admin under his belt (it looks like AIX 103) I'm reluctant to turn down training but does anyone know what level this course is set at.

Thanks

On the internet no one knows you're a dog

Columb Healy

Don't do the course. Keep the money in the bidget so your colleagues can use it for their training

I agree with Andy61, as IBM are automaticly defaulting as many recommend memory,io, etc settings in Aix 6.1 now as part of the install process.

Brian

Just to share with your thoughts, I attended AU18GB (not sure what's the IB stands for) three years ago and it was a very interesting course for me! I learned so many stuff and i'm still learning! I only have 5 years experience with AIX and when i attended the course, i only got out with 30% of my understanding of the course material! by with the day-to-day experience, i still refer to the course book for better understanding.

I'm not sure how this course will benifit you but i will still recommend you go for it.

Or a better idea is to go for LPAR performance course! I remember that was a new course that came by that time when i was attending this course so i couldn't go for both but an IBM consultant adviced me to go for it.

No one can better judge this but you! If you feel that any of these courses won't add to your knowledge then better not to waste your time.

Regards,
Khalid

Status
Not open for further replies.