Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Traffic Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

optionman

Technical User
May 16, 2005
US
I am wanting to run a traffic study on my PRI in Sweden. Can someone tell me how to set this up. The complaint is that people have to wait until another person hangs the phone up before they can make a call. Maybe the PRI is not rolling properly. How can I check that. Any other ideas.

First, I'd STAT the PRI in LD 60

Then I'd LD 80 TRAD L C some of the busy channels, to make sure they are not just all locked to each other.

Traffic, at this point is probably not going to find the fix. I suspect it is something incorrectly in a busy state

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Traffic will show you all the info you need. Do you have TM or older? If so, under site>system window> Select traffic. Go to reports, and select customer reports>trunks. Once you run the report it will show you teunks equipped, trunks busy, percent of usage, all trunks busy stats, etc. How many users in Sweden? How many trunks? There is an engineering formuls to ensure you have a good ratio of trunks|users.

We don't have OTM ot TM. Just the PBX.

If you extract traffic, you can use these "translators" I made for TFC002:
Then if you want to actually calculate things, there are a variety of traffic calculators free on the internet:
[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Setting up trunk traffic is quite hard to explain in a single post, but here goes one example:

LD 2
.sshc 0 1 1 31 12
08 17 1
2 3 4 5 6

.sopc 0 2

Then, once an hour, to view the previous hours traffic, log in and do:

LD 2
.invc 0 2

This is just one simple setup and does not consider what may have been previously set up. You can also create a traffic "history" file in LD 17.

Ok, it's been set up. I will let you know how things go. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back