Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

traffic-shape keeps crashing my router

Status
Not open for further replies.

ababurko

Technical User
Jul 10, 2004
US
I have implemented the traffic-shape command on my s0 interface with three acl's that are very simple, ie. one liner matching sorce host and destination port. Now, I am running an annnouncement list and have my three smtp servers shaped equally in terms of bandwidth. Wat happens, is that the traffic just stops going out of the interface and my whole network becomes inaccessible. I can log into the router, but cannot reach the network. Actually when this happens, I am logged into E0, 12.45.xx.xx/28 and the rest of the network that is plugged into the switch is inaccessible untill I power cycle the router.
What should I be looking for to pinpoint this problem? I want to use router based traffic shaping but I simply cannot keep monitoring the router like this.

While, the load of the mail going out may be contributing t

i would log in and see what proc is killing it. then i would find out if it is an ios issue. if these things are ok then post the config.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back