Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking outgoing mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

npinfotek

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2004
US
Hi all. I'm looking for a "method" or a software that will track all mail that is flowing out of my organization to external sources, as well as track all mail that is flowing into my organization from external sources. I have tried to read the IMC/IMS logs in windows event viewer, but they're difficult to read/understand. The goals I am trying to accomplish are 1) trying to get counts of all mail that is flowing in and out, and 2) trying to determine if my server is sending spam even though I have followed steps to prevent my server from being an open relay. Thank you for your time.

get mail essentials from GFi.com - provides spam filtering and logs all SMTP traffic. Very good analysis tool especially if you know a bit of Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back