Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking in ld 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalgear

Technical User
Aug 25, 2002
US
We are experiencing dropped and one way audio. We are having the user call us when this happens. Most of the time the call timer is still going and the diamond is lit on the primary dn but you cannot hear anything. then is will eventually drop. I was able to track some of these calls in load 80. My question is: How can I decifer what the print out in ld 80 is. some of the information i can figue out. Here are a couple of lines I am not sure of

TERM 093 12 TIE RMBR 13 35

TALKSLOT ORIG 17 TERM JUNCTOR ORIG24 TERM12

Is there another load to use to trouble shoot this further
Any help is greatly appreciated

Your info is Loop 93 channel 12 which is 35th member of route 13. That should help you troubleshoot what the problem is. You can then log into a maintenance set to direct select the different channels on loop 93 and other loops to see if it is a T1 problem or not.

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with how to do the test with a maintenance set. What prompts do I need to change in the class of service to make my set a maintenance set? I know I need to make the TGAR 0. Is there anything else in the class of service

Add MTA to your class of service.
TGAR 0

To access maintenance set:
1. go offhook
2. dial your SPRE code + 91
3. you can then use your phone like a TTY by using the "#" as a space and "##" for enter
4. "****" exits you out of that mode

It is all in the manuals. Use LD 36 to direct select the trunks, which is also in the book.

I am trying to locate the correct books to start reading. Is it the input output guides. What is the name of the best book to start reading. Thanks again

LD 36 is the load you would use on the maintenance set. There is also a section in the front of the input/output guides - Access through the maintenance telephone.

Login using Maint. set
dial spree-code, 91. if you get a busy tone enter **** then login again.
watch the terminal - go to LD 36
Dial 53#36##
LD
you should get the . prompt
test a trunk
Dial 876#93#12##
TRK Loop channel
You may or may not get dial tone - depending on you provider. You should see DN? on the terminal.
Dial a number - no need to dial 9

Press * to hang up
when you test another trunk press # at the DN? prompt to redial last number. **** when done to logout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back