Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking Extension-to-Extension Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildman10

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2007
US
Our 61C is currently hooked up to an Equitrac system for call details and reporting. Due to the size of our system, we are not able to track extension-to-extension traffic on Equitrac, as the volume of data would be too large.

Is there a way to track extension-to-extension traffic on the switch? If so, is it possible to pull info for just specific extensions?

have to add ICDA to CLS of each set, and decipher raw data

Mato' Was'aka

Thanks. I have no problem adding ICDA to the sets I want to monitor, but would each extension they call also have to have ICDA for calls be collected? Or is it only the calling phone that needs that in CLS?

Also, I have no idea how to pull up or decipher the raw data. If there is a link to somewhere I can find that info, that would be appreciated.

ICDA will only peg calls to, & from the phone which has it. In other words set A calls set B, set A has ICDA it pegs the call and who they called. Turn it around it will do the same but will differ in that the called set is generating the CDR. If neither set has ICDA no CDR.

We will be collecting info to our Equitrac system after all, but I need to make sure that the switch is sending that info. Is that where ICDA comes in or is there something else that I have to do to make sure the switch sends extension to extension info out to our Equitrac system?

Our Equitrac system was set with the correct parameters to collect ext-to-ext calls. I added ICDA to my CLS and then made some test ext-to-ext calls. When I ran the Equitrac report, there was no data. It seems as if the switch isn't set to send out that information for collection. Is it a simple programming change to allow that data to be sent to Equitrac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back