Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking changes to Ms Access DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane01

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2004
NZ
I've a database which I'm currently setting up user accounts for. My application is quiet large and I need to construct a process by which I can account for all the changes that a particular user makes to dat within any of the tables? Any one have any ideas on this?

I have been trying to do the same thing for a number of days, look through some of the previous posts, that is what i am doing at them moment and if i make any progress i will let you know, if you could do the same and if you make any progress could you inform me.

thanks

I have an "audit" code that allows you to do just what you want to do. It relies on the fact that you have the username somewhere you can grab.....

I have a sample database with this all setup....just send an email to robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com and I will forward it to you. The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - Albert Einstein [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
Access Developer/Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back