Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking Changes - Keep but Don't Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnzbra

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
I am using Word 2007 and have been told to track the changes I make in documents. The problem is that when these are printed, EVERYTHING is printed. A search for "Tracking Changes" resulted in info related to completely eliminating the changes before sending a document. I need to hang on the changes info but only send the latest version of the document without showing what it was before the change. How can this be done?

You have four options to display/print word document:
- original (before tracking was turned on),
- original + changes,
- final,
- final + changes.
First and third options don't display changes, but they still are stored in the document, until each change is accepted or rejected.

combo

Unless you accept or reject the changes, they remain with the document. Although you can choose how the document is displayed in that regard on your computer without accepting or rejecting the changes, you have no control over what others might see.

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back