Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracking a persons sent email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2001
US
Hello all,
We had a few people in our company leave and create a competing company. It seems we might have a few more rats on our end, and the Directors of the company would like to know if there is a way to track all email they send out.
Is it possible to setup message tracking on individual mailbox's? Is there a way that when a person sends a message it will send a copy to another folder that I set up?
I know about turfdir for incoming emails, but am not aware of anything for outgoing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, the simplest way is to use message tracking.
Beware though, it will generate a lot of log entries!
For incoming, you don't nee anything, just forward the messages to another box while leaving the mail go to the original destinee.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I'm not sure message tracking gives you the content of the mails....

If possible, I'd suggest sneaking onto their machine and setting up client rules that forward copies of sent items to yourself or your boss. Either that or make sure outlook is configured to save sent messages in the sent items folder and keep and eye on it.

JS

And of course, check your laws for the Data Protection. Unless they have been informed that emails may be monitored it probably isn't legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back