Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracker 2600 factory reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

norlee

Technical User
Feb 14, 2007
GB
Hi,

I need to get an old tracker 2600 back into service as I have taken on a site and no one knows it's password.

I can't find the correct manual, the closest I have is for the 2650 but it's procedure does not seem to work on the 2600.

On the rear is a 'clear' button, four 9-way ports one 25-way local and one 25-way digital. which port is used for initial configuration? I have tried them with straight/nul cables and baud rates from 1200 to 19200 without sucess.

As far as resetting it goes I have flipped the internal battery to 'off' pressed in the clear button and kept it in while powering on - I have tried varying lengths of time before letting go, up to a minute and the only thing I see is a periodic flash of the TX/RX/DCD lights on the front.

No ports on the back respond with anything when I enter the usual tracker type commands detailed in this post:
If I dial it up it answers and connects at 2400b so it I am thinking it has not defaulted?

Does anyone have the correct manual or can help getting it cleared out so I can start again?

Many thanks,
norman

Hello Norman

You could try via the admin account, but to reset it wwithout knowing the root paassword is to return it back to the manufacturer.

The attached file might help

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thnaks David I'll give it a go and let you know.

Hope you are well.

norman

Sorry to say that didn't help.

Does anyone know which port on a 2600 is used for programming the system and what the factory reset procedure is?

thanks,

norman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back