Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkirklin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2016
US
Is there a way in MS Project to add days for shipping via ocean and air freight? Is there a resource I can use or a custom resource I can make?

You could create a custom column. Or it could be entered as a lag for each appropriate task.

I recommend that you create a task called Shipment and make your work dependent on the finishing of "Shipment". That way if shipment is delayed, it is obvious that your subsequent work will also be delayed. Make the assigned resource for that Shipment task the vendor or shipping company. The Shipment task should be fixed duration, not effort driven.

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

I agree with John. Create the "Place order" task linked F to S with the "Receive parts" task. Add a lag of x days to show the shipping. You might also consider placing a deadline on the receive parts task equal to the date the product has been promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back