Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

track outbound LD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcrequest

MIS
Jul 12, 2007
US
We have a Norstar KSU/PRI MICS 5. Handsets are M7310.

Is there a way to log or track outbound long distance phone calls? Or to lock it down with a password or something.

Our phone company only shows the phone number called. The originating number is always our main phone number, which doesn't map to a handset.

you can hookup an smdr box which is a serial interface for call records , you can hook it to a serial printer or a com port on a pc and use costing software to track

you can also change the filter to restrict ld calls
and then set up a cos + filter with password
so if anybody wants to make a ld call they will have to dial f68 + 6digit password the call the ld number ,when finnished the set is restricted again

mike

You need SMDR device and pssoibly 3rd party software if need robust interface.

You can set restrictions on the system by building filters and restrict what you want and allow expections such as 800 #'s.

If its overseas # then also watch out for toll fraud via mailbox that has weak passwords.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

can i just log outbound calls with what i have existing? I suppose I could also hit Last No. on phones after hours and try to get lucky :)

the mics has no way to log outgoing calls with out an smdr
sorry

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back