Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track or block a fax from overhead paging 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q6600

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2008
US
In our system we hit 8 to overhead page. Every time someone forgets to dial 9 and then uses an 8 number, they fax overhead. Its driving a supervisor nuts.

Is there a way to track which fax is doing this and/or disable TN's or DN's from accessing the paging system? It could probably just be all analog (type 500) TN's.

Long term blocking it would be best, but like typical management they are out for blood placing blame on who doesnt know how to use their fax machine properly.

Thanks!

if the Paging System is on a trunk enable TARG/TGAR barring in LD86 ESN then just set all the FAX's with a specific TGAR and add the same number to the TARG in the RDB of the pading

Thank you very much for the reply.. but I believe that is past my knowledge of making changes to our nortel system :(

If someone is willing to help a novice with this, that would be greatly appreciated, but if not then I understand.

Thanks again.

LD 86
REQ chg
CUST 0
TYPE esn
hit enter till TGAR prompt type yes

In LD16
REQ chg
TYPE rdb
CUST 0
ROUT xx (Route number for the paging trunk)
press enter till TARG then put a number say 2
enter all the way out

LD 10
REQ chg
TYPE 500
TN l s c u (the TN of the FAX you want to block)
ECHG yes
ITEM tgar 2

TGAR & TARG match call is bloacked

If all other sets seem to be barred print the RDB in LD21 and you will see more than one TARG probably 1 if thats the case then as above alter the RDB in LD16 and at TARG x1 (if its 1 that needs removing)

This took me a while but I got it to work! Thank you so much bignose21!

Nothing says thanks like a STAR! here you go BigNose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back