Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track image download

Status
Not open for further replies.

HumbleSeeker

Programmer
Nov 29, 2002
GB
I'm developing a system for a person person to only be download the image once, but I have to allow for lose of connection for what ever reason. I've got the basic system working using SMS wap push.

I don't really want to give them a time window to download the item in as that leaves the possibility of them sharing with their friends, or not getting to download the image if the window expires.

What I want to do is use a querystring in the link to make the reference unique and flag in the DB when they've downloaded. Trouble is I can't figure out how to know when they've downloaded the image.

My train of thought has gone to getting some way to monitor how much of the image has been downloaded. Any one know how to do this? Or better yet anyone have any altrnative suggestions?

Humble Seeker
-----------------------------------------------------
The longest journey begins with the smallest step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back