Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

track down source of interference? package method works in one, not in another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goBoating

Programmer
Feb 8, 2000
US

Unfortunately, in a situation where I cannot post the full code. So, I have to stick to sanitized examples and philosophy.

Windows 32bit perl running on Windows 2008 R2 (64bit). Nearly everything works, except....

Code:
#!perl
use strict;
use Win32::Lanman;
use Data::Dumper;

my $arrayRef = [];
unless (Win32::Lanman::NetLocalGroupEnum('',$arrayRef);

print "GROUPS: " . Dumper($arrayRef) . "\n";

I our main application code, the 7th line does not populate $arrayRef and an error code is set. If I pull that 'logic' out of the main application code and run it as a little snippet, it works fine.

I'm a Linux/UNIX guy, mostly. This Windows stuff is voodoo. What would make that call to NetLocalGroupEnum behave differently in the main app and in my snippet?

Ideas?
Ways to track this down?
'Seems something is getting over ridden, but, what? How to tell?
I know there are some oddities with how Windows handles 32bit vs 64bit perspectives on the registry. Is there anything like that going on with the Lan Manager?

TIA

'hope this helps

If you are new to Tek-Tips, please use descriptive titles, check the FAQs, and beware the evil typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back