Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

track city,state from ip address 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cumap

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2007
US
hello all,

I searched around and mostly found softwares that help translating from ip address to location. Is there a asp script can do just that? Thanks!

You can do it in any language, but you need to find the data, which will cost money...

I've used IP2LOCATION.COM in the past and it worked well for us.

TIP: trying googling the answer before posting, you'll find that more times than not someone else somewhere has had the same request and posted an answer online.
----
I have recently been semi-converted to ensuring all my code (well most of it) works in both javascript and non-javascript enabled browsers

Thank you vicvirk, I have found those websites and since this is just a small project of mine, it is not worth for any spending. I give up then.

Thanks again!

How small is it? If you are only wanting to lookup less than 125,000 IP addresses, it can be done for as little as $30.

If you just want the county, it can be done for free.

You'll need to use an API, there's one here:

TIP: trying googling the answer before posting, you'll find that more times than not someone else somewhere has had the same request and posted an answer online.
----
I have recently been semi-converted to ensuring all my code (well most of it) works in both javascript and non-javascript enabled browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back