Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaldag

MIS
Dec 2, 2002
US
I have a document that three people will work on. All of us can make changes. I would like to track the changes made by assigning a color to each user. I have looked at track changes but it will only identify changes to the document not who made them. Is there a way to assign a color to each user.

Thanks

Ken

I believe Word assigns a different color to each reviewer by default. This can be changed, and if it is not defaulting to a different color for each reviewer go to Tools-Options-Track Changes, and under Color, choose By Author. (This is Word XP but I believe it is the same for 97 & 2000). If not, Help will get you there. Search for "Change the color used for tracked changes". I don't think you can choose which color is assigned to the reviewers.

I believe you will find what you are looking for if you do a little research on the collaboration tool in MS Word. We use it when people edit standard form contracts to keep from having to review the whole contrct over. It will give you who made the changes, and the day/time of each. There are many other good features this uses also. You can find plenty of info on Google to get started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back