Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track Changes in Word causes shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartee

Technical User
Mar 28, 2000
US
We are using Word 97. The document is a contract created in Word. When the document is opened in Word, no problem. After turning on the 'Track Changes" feature all is well for awhile. Then Word shuts down. If you try to open it again it tells you that it is in use. Any ideas???? Why??? And how do I fix it??????

Do you have the SR-1 and 2 updates for Office? If not, you might try going ahead and downloading these. It might be a bug that Microsoft cleared up with the updates.

I am not sure, but will find out. The only thing is that I had the same problems when trying to work with the document at home using Office 2000. Yesterday we discovered that the same things were happening when editing the document without the Track Changes feature enabled.

Does the document have Macros in it? If it does, disable them.

-Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back