Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Track changes in Act!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBENS

Vendor
Oct 4, 2005
US
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to see all the changes done in Act! in a day?

What I need is to be able to keep track of what has been updated but not by having to log in every day as a diffrent user. Also dont want to have to type in things like 10/4 in notes and then do a keyword search for 10/4 kind of a pain to do it that way. So is there another way to search for changes in a certin day?

Thanks in advance.

Hello SBENS,
I am not sure if you have found a solution to this. . .

You can do a lookup by the "Edit Date" field to find all those Contacts that have been edited in a specific time period.

The fields that you are looking for have they been set up to "Generate History" whenever the data in the field changes? If they have once you have done your lookup by edit date you can then run the notes/history report to see what has been changed.

Otherwise you can still do the lookup by edit date, but you would have to manually go through the Contacts looking for the changes.

Hope this helps.
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back