Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing Pattern in Illustrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

akuh

MIS
Sep 18, 2020
IN
I had some seamless patterns in jpeg format.I brought it in illustrator and auto traced it. But when i tried to use it as a swatch it is not seamless rather it shows tiny gap between the edges. I’ve tried resizing it other remedial actions but no improvements. Please check it I am attatching original jpeg pattern, traced and exported file from illustrator showing problematic pattern.

error_nyovlp.jpg
original_emoji_pattern_00068_urqcfv.jpg

Open the jpg in Photoshop and check the edges. Are the first one or two pixels semi-transparent? Sometimes an easy fix is duplicating the background layer several times and then flattening the image.

Add water (makes its own sauce).

You're not going to see any semi-transparent pixels in the JPG file opened in Photoshop as JPG does not support transparency.

The error is introduced during Illustrator's auto-trace function. This creates an approximation of the paths. I would analyze the points in Illustrator to make sure that they all align on the edges. You probably have one point on the edge that is offset a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back