Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tracing MWI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone70

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
US
Good Morning All, As I'm still in my very steep learning curve with MM,I need to know is there a way to see if the MWI signal is being sent to the end users phone? I have a site that their MWI are not lighting up. The strange thing is that there are two other sites that use the same MM and they're not having this issue. Where should I start? Thanks in advance for your help.

On the MAS where the MWI service is running, look at C:\Avaya_Support\Tools\MWIView for the MWIView.exe tool. You can create a shortcut for the MAS desktop.

When you open the tool the first time the database will be found at C:\Program Files\Avaya Modular Messaging\MWIServer. The file to open in this MWIView tool is mwistate.mdb.

This will allow you to see what the MM has as valid mailboxes that should show an MWI lamping action and will show you what it perceives as the current status.

The other item that you can check is the Operation History Viewer either on the MAS with the Tracing service is running or if the Tracing folder is shared - as stated in the Messaging Application Administration Guide - on any MAS. If this is a SIP integration MWI is done on port 0 so you can run an trace on port 0 to see if the lamp is being done. Best way is to determine when the last message was received so you have a date/time to narrow the focus on Operation History Viewer.

Hope this gets you started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back