Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trace window writes "source not available" in multi-user environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

indarto

Programmer
May 12, 2002
ID
I open 2 foxpro software in windows98 platform (which allow several foxpro software open at the same time in multi-user environment) to debug a program in multiuser environment.
I open trace window in each of the foxpro software and for the 1st trace window I click Do for *.prg and for the 2nd trace window, when I click Do for the same *.prg, I can not debug the program because in the trace window writes "source not available". Please kindly inform me how to debug the same *.prg using Trace window in multi-user environment?

I believe the debugger requires exclusive use of the source file, so I don't believe you can't do this. I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway.

Rick

My additional information for using more than one Trace Window:
I make programs for single user and now want to modify it for multi-user environment, but I have no experience in multi-user programming, that's why I want to check and make sure there is no conflict in the program by using multiple TRACE WINDOWs.
Please let me know how to debug the multi-user program ?

Like Rick says, only one trace window can be accessing a given .prg at a time.
You could put some WAIT WINDOWs at various steps in the routine so one machine will pause while you step through code on another, or put @...SAYs at some places to put some out put to the screen.

Dave S.

Hi Indarto,

One other option would obviously be to
-copy the project file and source into another directory, -fiddle the settings of the project a bit,
-have your two config.fpw files pointing to the two different directories

You'll have some synchronising to do just before testing, but it should work.

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.

"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more foolish at the same time." (De Rochefoucald)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back