Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trace 911 call

Status
Not open for further replies.

letrontog

Technical User
May 15, 2006
US
Is there a way I can see who called 911 and at what time? I know I have done this before, but it has been some time.....

do you have otm?

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Yes this customer has OTM, although I am not very familiar with it.

I need to see from what DN or TN it came from ....OTM told me the call was placed in OTM alarm notification, but does not tel me from where, is there somewhere in OTM it would be listed? The last time I had to find out who placed the call, OTM was not around.

the only way i know is through otm, here is how we do it

open otm....expand the telemanagment menu....click on telecom billing system.

Once in telecom billing system, click on the collection button, it will be on the top left handside, and have a picture of a hand over a basket. it should start running a collection of all calls. once that is over you have 2 options. one you can click the data button that will be on the right side of the screen, that should show you the data that was collected. Or you can go to file, Call database, Archive. enter the dates you want archive, and the place you want to save it.....it will save it as an excel spreadsheet. then you just go to the place you saved it, and open it up.

hope this helps

Scott Williams

IT, United States Coast Guard.

Once you collect the data and then cost it, you can then run a report. Just set up a filter for digits dialed and put in there *911 for digits dialed; you will get everything that has a 911 in it, but that's OK. It should be there. It should show the extension of who made the call.

i don't use otm, if you have a copy (soft) of cdr, just do a search on the raw data.. not a gui as otm but it takes about 2 seconds.. if tty (user cty) is not connected, connect your laptop and you will get the cdr buffer dump

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Mine prints a message with the extension on my terminal every time someone calls 911. I'm using CAMA trunks. Don't know how it works.

DanHoffman....

You are probably using an enhanced ESA package in your switch to do this; you could also turn on OSN or on site notification for 911 calls this with package. You can print out LD 24 and the block is ESA to see it programmed. Most likely, 911 is not in your SPN table, it is taken care of in the ESA block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back