Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TR0705 Category Orphans 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skootsu

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
US
Anyone run into this one? I have an mdl I am trying to open and change it's data source and output but am running into this error:
TR1102 Transformer detected a model error at line 523577 in file D:\Cognos\cer4\PHYS\easternsales.mdl.
(TR0705) Catagory Orphans of By Sales Person has been excluded from the PowerCube Group Sales Reps. A PowerCube can't be created in this PowerCube Group.

This model is to generate a cube for 'All eastern region sales' and also a group of cubes one for each individual sales rep. This runs in the older version 6.5 daily without incident. I know the new version handles Nulls differently so I have adjusted the sql for that. How can I get to where I can edit this model to get it to work so I don't have to start all over? I have a line in the sql that reads CASE WHEN (T2."REGN" = 'E') THEN ('Eastern ') WHEN (T2."REGN" = 'W') THEN ('Western ') WHEN (T2."REGN" = 'U') THEN ('Unassigned') END as c43.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated. [sadeyes]

if you still have your old version of transformer. I would try saving the model as a py? file. Then try and open this file in the new version of transformer.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Thats how I have done them up until this point. On this one I can't open it to do the save as.
STEPS
Pulled up the phyin the older version
Saved it as an mdl
Opened in new version, changed datasource and output (cube) locations
Save in new version as pyi.

It has worked on all except this one. Difference being the 'orphans by catagory'. This model is to create one cube containing all eastern region sales (SALES) and then a group of cubes (Sales Reps) which contain one cube for each of the salesman.

Can you open the mdl file in version 6.5 ?

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

I would try clearing all of the categories from the sales rep dimension and (try it with and without the orphaned categories) save as mdl. then try and open in new version of transformer.

HTH

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

How would I 'clear all of the catagories from the sales rep dimension?

Yippie skippy! Success! I saved it as an mdl on the old server, under the PowerCube area, left the AllEasternSales (easternsales.mdc), deleted the Sales Reps (all the individual sales reps mdcs), resaved it (mdl) on the new server. I was then able to pull it up in Transformer (new version)edit the datasource and output locations and create the PowerCube group Sales Reps. It worked, I now have cubes generating : ) Thank you so much for you nudge in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back