Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TPS too big with pictures 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am developing an membership application in Clarion 4b. The member file contains jpg pictures of the members in a BLOB field.
With 42 members the member tps file gets huge (11MB). Is it possible to get a smaller member file with pictures?

Greetings

Aslak E Himle
Norway

Consider keeping the images external and just store a filename within the table

Hope ain't too late!

If ya want to save imaginery, and wanna keep it small, select JPG as the format, and set the blow's{PROP:printMode} = 3

With PrintMode=3 you save your images with the original format, instead of letting clarion to convert to Big size BMP when save!.

This code I'm using to save the imaging: ?Tab1 save from a Browse list (?Image1), and ?Tab2 save from TumbNails (I created images at runtime).

Code:
      CASE CHOICE(?Sheet1)
        OF 1
        IMA:NumImagen = BRW1.Q.IMA:NumImagen    
        Access:Imagenes.Fetch(IMA:NumImagenKey)
        IMA:Imagen{PROP:Size} = 0
        IMA:Imagen{PROP:Handle} = ?Image1{PROP:ImageBlob}
        Access:Imagenes.Update()
        OF 2
        IMA:NumImagen = LOC:NumImagenSel 
        Access:Imagenes.Fetch(IMA:NumImagenKey)
        (LOC:NumMiniatura+2000){PROP:PrintMode} = 3
        IMA:Imagen{PROP:Size} = 0
        IMA:Imagen{PROP:Handle} = (LOC:NumMiniatura+2000){PROP:ImageBlob}        
        Access:Imagenes.Update()
      END
-----
carabez@hotmail.com

You might also like to look at LSZip from Linder Software
at
It is specially written for Clarion and provides inline memory compression as well as compression to PK compatible zip files.

Costs $200, has plenty of examples, is easy to use and works great with Blobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back