Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tourble loading from 98SE to NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Sep 2, 2001
US
I have just recieved a call from a client who tried to load NT 4.0. But he is recieving a error message on the dos screen. It is telling him that the file IBMBIO is moved or missing. how would he go about fixing this. He tried loading NT 4 different times and it has come up ever time so I am assuming that it is a problem with his BIOs or his M/B. Is that what it sounds like to you?

Is it an IBM machine?? I know of some of these machines that have partitions hidden to the hard disk, that cannont be reformatted in the normal way....what I had to do was to take out the HD and put it into a different machine as a slave and format it from there, then put it back in a load NT onto it......but that WONT work if the NT CD is an upgrade...as it needs the win98 files to install to/from.
Is there a file .ext of the missing file that he speaks of??? get him to do a search on the computer for that file and see if it comes up....Ive never heard of that file though.... Jay~

"I have to think of a funny footer to
put in here!!!???"

~KeyTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back