Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tough Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Programmer
Jun 4, 2000
US
I am creating a visual basic application that starts when a user logs in (via login script) i need a way to find out more information about a user, for example what group the user is in. What can I use to accomplish this? ADSI? Are there any other ways? Gordon R. Durgha
gd@vslink.net

hai durga,
this is srusti here. i got your half of the question . o.k you want to create an application which gives you the detials of the user login. where you have the user datatbase . in my opinion you try to create a table inside the database you have. there u can keep useranme,password,time,date,group,permission all these fields then when an user logins you validate his password by verifying the table and note it in another table about the current entries that you can flush in a particular time. o.k if its not clear send the detials you have done and wait for the result.
srusti

Hello Srusti, The user information is within NT itself (on the PDC) I need a way of getting the user information from the PDC, Ex:

Password
Home Directory
The group the user belongs to Etc....

I am not adding users via a custom database of my own, if thats what your thinking.

So I need to get the information in this order

VB App -> PDC (NT Database) -> User Account

I hope this is a little more clear, Thanks a lot Gordon R. Durgha
gd@vslink.net

I believe this is what you are looking for:

VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back