Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Touchup Text Tool & Typewriter missing in Acrobat 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

titleabstractor

Technical User
Aug 26, 2014
I have a home business which relies on Acrobat Professional 8.0.1 every day to make, combine and edit PDF files. We recently had a computer crash. We had everything backed up. I reinstalled the programs and when I went to edit a PDF file, the Touchup Text Tool simply does not exist in the list of tools. What I show now is Tools> Advanced Editing> Select Object Tool / Article Tool / Crop Tool / Link Tool / 3D Tool. There is no Typewriter, nor does it appear in the list of tools.

I have searched pretty extensively and cannot find this problem addressed anywhere. I have re-installed the program using the "repair" option, but it did not appear.

I would appreciate any help anyone has to offer on this.

In re-reading my post, I may have been unclear. I am missing both the TouchUp Text Tool and the Typewriter tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back