Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Touchscreen Computer Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

coisty

Technical User
Jan 26, 2004
US
I received an email from a company called J2 Retail Systems and they have a toucshcreen computer that I'm thinking of evaluating. I develop my own Windows based POS software application and this looks like it may be the perfect fit for me.

Has anybody else tried their products? Before I start a relationship with J2, I'd like some feedback first.

Thanks

I like the Jiva all-in-one series by Posiflex. For 2piece units we use Touch Screen Dynamics booksize computers with either ELO flat panels or CRTs.
Get references on who is using that hardware from J2 and call them.

Contact Mintronix... Diner Data Systems supplied me with these and so far so good.

Since xp didnt reply back on the McD's hardware I will.
I am not sure of the Par models they use but here we are an authorized repair center for Mcd's panasonic equipment and they use the Panaconic js-140(blk&wht) or the js160(color) also the js 140 is a daisy chain (bnc)network and the 160 is ethernet. The Pars and the Panasonics they use are very durable and hold up well under the conditions they are subjected too. Of course you will have to buy them from an authorized dealer and they are kind of expensive. Mcd's did experiment with the Javelin wedge for a while and didn't like it, then again, who did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back