Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

touchpad converted to drawing tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acerpod

Technical User
Aug 31, 2008
TT
Hi,
I use my Logitec marble mouse all the time and seldom use my touchpad. I was wondering, is it possible to use the touchpad as a mini drawing tablet? I use Photoshop CS3 a lot and would like to draw a bit, nothing elaborate.

Acer 5002 WLMi
100 GB HDD
1 GB RAM
XP Home SP3

Thanks,

pod

I would spring for a tablet unless you're extremely dexterous. The touchpad is simply too small.

There are expensive tablets that are great but some inexpensive tablets work quite well.

I still use an optical mouse for photo restoration but have used a 10" Wacom tablet ($50) for drawing and like it although it's not to be compared with a larger more expensive tablet.

sam

Thanks mscallisto.

A friend just mentioned a homemade stylus from a screw, ball bearing and battery for $2 -

I was hoping for something simple and homemade but maybe a little more ... um, flair? It looks as clumsy as using my finger to draw but may be worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back